Thursday, March 30, 2017

Response to Amanda Petrusich


Something that I geek out over is basketball because I really enjoy watching and playing the game. I like basketball because it’s what I was most successful in during my high school years and I loved running up and down the court getting buckets and winning games. When I was growing up as a kid I was all about football at first. I played football all the time. I was on pop warner teams and it was fun. In the sixth grade I started to play basketball for the first time in my life. At first I was not very good at all but it was really fun to me so I started to practice harder with my coach from little dribblers. He helped me a lot over the years and he made me be a better player. From then on basketball was my favorite sport and my favorite thing to do I played everyday with my friends. We would go to a park that we called “The Slab” and just play all day long until it was night time. We’d do the same thing everyday after school and we started to get better and love it more. I played all four years in high school on varsity where I did better each year I played. My junior year we got third place in district which was enough to move on to the playoffs where we only went two rounds. My senior year we won the District Championship and made playoffs again where we went only two rounds deep again after we choked to a team we should have beat. I still play all the time with my friends at a park or at the rec or even at open gym when they have it and it is still my favorite sport.   

1 comment:

  1. Basketball never interested me but im glad you love the sport and have so much passion for it. Great blog

    ReplyDelete